Wildlife images and video from the central lakes region of New Brunswick, Canada.
Toads
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Toads always surprise me when I find them. They seem to be masters of disguise, blending in so well that you don't notice them until they suddenly hop out of your path.
Every year we look forward to the return of the baby catfish . They spawn nearby and a large school will patrol the shallows for a month or so where it is relatively safe from predators. They can be mesmerizing to watch as the school moves fluidly back and forth scouring the shore for for food.
I bought a swamp and this is one of my new tenants, a colourful Eastern Painted Turtle. When the heat of the Springtime morning sun burns through the mist, these guys pile up onto a small mound next to our RV and soak it up. Often this coincides with morning coffee and a mutual staring session between tenant and landlord ensues.
When I first learned how far these hummingbirds migrate, I was awe struck that something so small could fly so far. They fly from New Brunswick to Central America and during hurricane season to boot. It makes me wonder how efficient their flight technique must be. They are always entertaining to watch as they fight and chase among themselves for control of the feeder.
Comments
Post a Comment